Ashram have 7 acres of land in which we have Organic cultivation. Organic Farming is a holistic system designed to optimize the productivity and health of diverse communities within the agro-ecosystem, including soil organisms, plants, livestock and people. The principal goal of organic production is to develop enterprises that are sustainable and harmonious with the environment.
- protect the environment, minimize soil degradation and erosion, decrease pollution, optimize biological productivity and promote a sound state of health.
- maintain long-term soil fertility by optimizing conditions for biological activity within the soil.
- maintain biological diversity within the system.
- recycle materials and resources to the greatest extent possible within the enterprise.
- provide attentive care that promotes the health and meets the behavioural needs of livestock.
Organic farming promotes the use of crop rotations and cover crops, and encourages balanced host/predator relationships. Organic residues and nutrients produced on the farm are recycled back to the soil. Cover crops and composted manure are used to maintain soil organic matter and fertility. Preventative insect and disease control methods are practiced, including crop rotation, improved genetics and resistant varieties.